Who we are?
TangoVida, with its seat at Zochova 20, 81103 Bratislava-Staré Mesto, Slovakia, Id. No. 42357250 is a civil association registered with the Evidence of Civil Associations Run by the Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic.
What data do we process?
We process data that you have provided to us in particular:
- name and surname;
- e-mail address;
- in case of Bratislava Tango Marathon, Bratislava Tango Festival, and any workshops organized by TangoVida, all data that you enter into the particular registration form.
For what purposes do we process data?
- for the purpose of sending you e-mails/newsletters about TangoVida (i.e. about our activities, events, and classes organized by TangoVida or concerning TangoVida); in each e-mail/newsletter there is always an option for you to unsubscribe from receiving the e-mails/newsletters;
- for the purpose of organizing of Bratislava Tango Marathon (e.g. selection of participants, informing you about whether you were accepted or not, informing about the organizational changes and providing you other information for you to enjoy the respective Bratislava Tango Marathon);
- for the purpose of organization of Bratislava Tango Festival (e.g. sending you confirmation e-mails, informing you about the organizational changes/updates concerning Bratislava Tango Festival);
- for the purpose of organization of particular workshops;
- for the purpose of sending you e-mails/newsletters about gancho; in each e-mail/newsletter there is always an option for you to unsubscribe from receiving the e-mails/newsletters;
- purpose of communication with various people interested in our activities.
What is the legal basis for the data processing?
We process your personal data either based on your consent provided to us when subscribing to receiving e-mails/newsletters concerning TangoVida, or concerning gancho or provided to us in person.
In case of Bratislava Tango Marathon, Bratislava Tango Festival, or any workshop organized by TangoVida, we deem the provision of personal data as a contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, whereas in case of failure to provide such data, we cannot provide/guarantee you the participation at the respective event.
What rights do you have?
EU Data Protection Regulation GDPR as well as the Slovak Act on Personal Data Protection provide you a wide scope of rights:
- the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not your personal data are being processed, and, where that is the case, the right to access your personal data and the information stated in applicable laws;
- the right to obtain from TangoVida without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you; taking into account the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement;
- the right to obtain from TangoVida restriction of processing where one of the statutory grounds applies (e.g. you contest the accuracy of the personal data, the processing is unlawful and you request the restriction of their use instead of erasure of the personal data, TangoVida no longer needs your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, etc.);
- the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay if any of the statutory grounds applies (e.g. the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, you withdraw consent on which the processing is based, the personal data have been unlawfully processed, etc.);
- the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided to TangoVida, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance us if the processing is carried out by automated means;
- the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data if the processing is based (i) on the processing being necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller, or (ii) on the processing being necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject (you) which require protection of personal data, including profiling based on those provisions;
- the right to object at any time to processing of your personal data if these are processed for direct marketing purposes;
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic.
If you would like to exercise any of afore stated rights, please contact us via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com , or by post at: TangoVida, Zochova 20, 81103, Bratislava, Slovakia. If you would like to lodge a complaint with the Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic, you can find their contact information at their website. However, please feel free to contact us first so that we can try to find the solution together 🙂
For how long do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data for the time necessary as long as the purpose of the processing exists.
To whom do we provide your personal data?
We cooperate with MailChimp which as a data processor may process some of your personal data on our behalf. Please note that some of the data processing may take place/may be transferred to a third country (i.e. not a member state of EU).
What about the updates?
Last but not least…